Top 15 Interesting Car Facts
Article page |
Health page |
Author: Carazoo.com: It's always fun to learn interesting facts about cars. This mode of transportation has made commuting easy, convenient, and comfortable for humans. It has also contributed to the economic growth and progress of the country.
Fruits and Vegetables
Heroes & Incredible peoples
Car and Bike questions
Today, many new cars have entered the Indian car market with a host of high-end car technologies and futuristic features. The industry is progressing but still there are certain car trivia that we may not know, some of which have shown a radical direction to the industry.
Here are the top 15 interesting facts on car and the car industry
- The First Japanese car in the United States was the Honda Accord manufactured in November 1982.
- Chevrolet Imphala was one such car that had enjoyed a breaking sales record of more than one million in 1965.
- The first cars used lever instead of steering wheel.
- The first Porsche 911 was introduced in 1964 and generated a power output of 130 bhp.
- An airbag takes only 40 milliseconds to inflate after an accident.
- Ferrari makes a maximum of 14 cars every day.
- The world's longest traffic hold-up was between Paris and Lyon on the French Autoroute in 1980. it was about 110 miles long.
- The first auto insurance policy was purchased in in 1897 in Westfield, MA.
- Tata breaks the world records by producing the world's cheapest car, Tata Nano.
- Windshield wipers were introduced by a woman.
- The first self-propelled car was invented by Nicolas Cugnot in 1769. It was designed with three wheels and an engine in the front along with the boiler. The car was able to run at a speed of 6 km/h. The first self-propelled car was first used by French Army to move cannons.
- Nicolas Cugnot designed another steam-driven vehicle two years later after he introduced the first steam-driven car. The machine ran well but one day it met an accident with a wall and this incident is recorded to be the first motor-accident.
- In the late 18th century, Issac de Rivaz designed several successful steam-powered cars. Then in 1807 he designed the internal combustion engine that used a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen to generate power. He then developed a car using this engine.
- The first practical four-stroke engine was invented by the Otto and Langen Company of Deutz, Germany. Nikolaus Otto was working in a grocery store and one day he read about Lenoir's two-stroke gas-driven internal combustion engine. Otto the started his own workshop supported by Langen in Deutz near Cologne in 1863. There he invented the four-stroke engine in 1876. Later, a German engineer named Gottlieb Daimler carried out much developments in the engine and introduced a practical four-stroke engine in that is still used in various car models.
- In 1887, Benz was the first car company to be offered for sale.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/advertising-articles/top-15-interesting-car-facts-757366.html
About the Author: Carazoo.com is India’s first car portal that provides 360 exterior and interior car animations. Get all information about New Cars in India.and Used Cars For Sale