How women can protect themselves from attackers?
Article page |
Health page |
Fruits and Vegetables
General Knowledge |
Heroes & Incredible peoples
Diseases and Remedies |
List of diseases
By following these tips, you can make your world a little safer. Take a
self-defense class. You will get information you need and skills to protect
yourself psychologically and physically.
Different situations call for different responses, but there are a few common
ways to lower your risk of sexual assault:
* When you go out, travel in a group or at least with a trusted friend.
* Stay alert at all times. Don't drink so much that you might fall asleep or,
worse, pass out.
* Don't accept drinks from strangers, particularly drinks in open containers,
and don't leave your drink unattended if you're at a party or in a bar.
Date-rape drugs can be easily concealed in drinks.
* If you're walking, stay in high-traffic, lighted areas and familiar
neighborhoods, and walk toward traffic so you can see cars approach you.
* If you're driving, keep your doors locked and your windows closed,
particularly after dark.
* If you're getting into a car in a parking lot at night, ask the attendant to
escort you to your car. If no attendant is available, get your keys ready to
unlock the car before you reach it, and lock the door immediately after you get
in. If you see anything suspicious in an unattended parking lot, don't go to
your car; find a safe place to wait, or ask a trusted escort to accompany you to
* Don't pick up hitchhikers or other strangers. If a motorist is stranded, use a
cellphone to call for help.
* If your car breaks down, stay inside and call for help.
* Avoid people and areas that arouse your suspicions.