1. Home Remedy for Balancing CholesterolStudies have found people who took 2 ounces (56g) of fenugreek seed each day had significantly (around 14 percent) lower cholesterol levels after 24 weeks, and had lowered their risk of heart attack by more than 25 percent.
2.Treating Diabetes and Lowering Blood Sugar LevelsStudies have shown that participants with type 2 diabetes had significantly lower blood sugar levels after eating fenugreek.
3.Herbal Cure for Skin InflammationResearch has shown that Fenugreek is an effective topical treatment for skin problems such as abscesses, boils, burns, eczema, and gout. Therefore, a simple skin inflammation remedy is the following:
- Take a spoonful of fenugreek and grind it into a powder.
- Mix the ground powder with warm water.
- Take a simple piece of clean cloth and soak it into the mixture.
- Apply the soaked cloth directly onto the affected skin as a poultice.
4.Natural Cure for Heartburn and Acid RefluxFenugreek seeds contain a lot of mucilage, which helps sooth gastrointestinal inflammation by coating the lining of the stomach and intestine.
5.Home Remedy for FeverThe Fenugreek herb has been known to help reduce fever when taken with lemon and honey, since it nourishes the body during an illness.
6.Breast EnlargementFenugreek is often used in many teas and other products that help balance women's hormones and/or enlarge the breasts.
7.Remedy to Ease Child Birth for Pregnant WomenFenugreek stimulates uterine contractions and can be helpful to induce childbirth. However, pregnant women should only use this remedy for inducing labor after consulting with their doctor.
8. Remedy to Aid Milk Production in Lactating WomenFenugreek has been known to increase milk production in lactating women. Research has even shown that milk production can increase by over 500 percent within 24 to 72 hours after consuming this herb. Although it is not known why this happens, researchers speculate that the oil contained in fenugreek seeds plays a role.
Arthritis has a low incidence rate in India where a lot of fenugreek is consumed. Drinking 1 cup of fenugreek tea per day, made from the leaves, is said to relieve the discomfort of arthritis